[TYPO3-mvc] dummy value for select and property-problem

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Tue Jan 17 10:08:29 CET 2012

Hi Johannes,

This does not work because the default value unfortunately must be added to the options argument which is not always so simple to do. It's been a good handful of months since I submitted a patch for Extbase but there are some edge cases which could cause issues. This made the merge halt completely so I would not expect it anytime soon.

Until the day where you get full <select> control in Extbase you may find this useful:

http://fedext.net/fed-viewhelpers/form/select-field/

It is the change that was submitted. If you use manual rendering of the select options there is no possibility of errors (but naturally form token still gets updated and the request will verify when posted).

Cheers,
Claus