[TYPO3-mvc] A plan for the future of Models in our favorite MVC

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Tue Jan 17 09:49:21 CET 2012

Hi Georg,

> => Awesome idea!

Fantastic :)

> Having not to care about one additional configuration is awesome!
> Just as idea: Wouldn't it be possible to even not write the TCA but just get the information on the fly? IMO there are enough hooks for that in tceforms?

I plan on caching (in the cache framework) the rendered TCA array for each extension, then use small pluggable functions (ColumnProviders) to provide TCA column definitions on-the-fly. Any column can define its own ColumnProviders and each can be set to be dynamic. But I'm definitely open to better suggestions!

> I can certainly contribute, maybe the best in the TCA/existing core as you are already the genius in the extbase stuff ;)

I am so happy to hear that, TCA and core are my weak points :) With a bit of luck there will be a git repository soon but until then, there's no public code yet. I've created a Forge project since last time I wrote:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-magic

Everybody:
Would be happy to accept any suggestions anyone has as issues in the bugtracker there :)

Cheers,
Claus