[TYPO3-mvc] mm relation to foreign table static_countries does not work properly

Domi djgarms at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 10:57:53 CET 2012

Hello,

I am facing following problem:

I modeled two entities person and country, country is mapped to
static_countries. Between person and country I declared a mm-relation.
If I add now a country to persons countries and save this person object
via its repository. If I load the instance of the person, its countries
are empty. Inside of the mysql tables the mm-relation table has the
correct entry. If I enter now a dummy entry into the empty country table
which is generated by the extension_builder which actually shouldnt be
used, because of the mapping to static_countries, then I get the right
countries instance inside of person.

How can I resolve the right update to the mm-relation of a foreign table
of my domain model?

inside of setup.txt:
config.tx_extbase.persistence.classes {
Tx_MyExt_Domain_Model_Country {