[TYPO3-mvc] Tx_Extbase_MVC_Exception_InfiniteLoop

Mark Kuiphuis spam at markyourweb.com
Wed Jan 4 00:05:53 CET 2012

Hi Claus,

Thanks again for your help :-)

I actually would like to go back to Extbase 1.3, so will definitely give that a
try....(not because of Extbase, but because of the PHP requirements of TYPO3 4.6)

I also checked your proposal with changing the checkbox. Unfortunately, after ticking
the box and submitting the form (where validation fails because of an incorrect email
address I put in another field) the form is being shown again. The input fields which
have already been filled in are prefilled again, but the checkboxes have their state
set to unticked :(

I changed my form field from:

<f:form.checkbox property="newsletter" value="1" checked="{order.newsletter} == 1" />

into

<f:form.checkbox property="newsletter" value="1" checked="{f:if(condition:
order.newsletter, then: 'checked')}" />

I use the extension ExtDebug to dump some info about models and in my newAction I added:

Tx_ExtDebug::var_dump($order);

In the frontend I then see

Extbase Variable Dumo

NULL

Even after submitting at least some values, the value remains NULL....

(Maybe because the model contained data which would invalidate the model, therefore a
new model has not been created yet and as such remains NULL...So where do these input
fields and select fields get their value from, as most likely I will also be able to
retrieve the information for the checkboxes and radio buttons from that spot :-) (or
does my mind not want to work anymore and did I loose all hope of ever finding a
solution?)

Cheers, Mark