[TYPO3-mvc] tx_sv_authbase Authentication Service and ExtBase - TS Configuration Problems

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Mon Jan 2 13:43:31 CET 2012

Hi Alex,

> I understand, that CLI, Authentication, Scheduler and so on are not bound to a page and this makes it difficult, to collect the right TypoScript for execution. But there needs to be a way. Especially with Scheduler und ExtBase together.

When the two bugs I linked get resolved we should have part of the solution. However, there will still be issues if your site uses two root templates. The CLI won't know which one to use if there is no pageUid and thus no rootLine to consider (the Extbase logic currently just selects the first one as sorted by natural SQL order which means the oldest visible root template gets selected).

> Could it work, if I use configuration/TypoScript/setup.txt for example?

This should work if:

- you have only one root template
- the static template for your TS is included in that root template

But perhaps it is safer to use extension configuration to set this PID (100% global and always available yet can be set through BE) or use t3lib_div::addTypoScriptSetup($typoscript) from your ext_localconf.php file if you do not need to be able to configure the pid from BE.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Claus