[TYPO3-mvc] Why is this section uknown? Can layouts only have one section?

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Sun Jan 1 19:31:44 CET 2012

Hi Stephen,

happy new year!

If you have in your layout a section it expects that section to exist. You
call the template file based on the action in your controller.

I.e. the singleAction of the ItemController calls the
Templates/Item/Single.html file for the view.

If you want to render multiple sections it should be possible to access it.
In your case I guess you would have to move the Metatags templates to a
partial, Partial/Item/MetaTags.html and instead of rendering a section, you
can render the partial now.

Hope this helps understanding the error you receive.

Kind regards,

Henjo

Problems are small because we learned how to deal with them.
Problems are big because we need to learn how to deal with them.