[TYPO3-mvc] Spam protection of forms?

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Thu Feb 23 16:23:27 CET 2012

On 23.02.2012 12:01, Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
> I was wondering if Extbase helps me regarding spam protection of forms
> in any way?
>
> Honeypot?
>
> If not - what is the preferred way to do this?
> Any preferred captcha services?
> Examples? :-)

you can create your own form Viewhelper with honeybots included...
it's a very basic implementation but works pretty well

https://github.com/daKmoR/TYPO3-xform/blob/master/Classes/ViewHelpers/FormViewHelper.php

and you may use this validator on your action
https://github.com/daKmoR/TYPO3-xform/blob/master/Classes/Domain/Validator/XformValidator.php

if you have any improvements just let me know...

another idea I had would be to not set the target of the form but set
something like data-tegrat="<encoded target>" then decode and set the
"real" target with javascript...
should prevent even more bots (who don't fall for the honeypots) but of
course it would make javascript a requirement :/

cheers