[TYPO3-mvc] Request does not end

Dirk Rauscher dr_typo3 at itb-institut.de
Fri Feb 17 12:20:50 CET 2012

Hi Henjo,

thanks for you reply.

 > Shouldn't you bind the call's you do in your javascript events?

I don't see the meaning of your question. The calls that can be done in
this form are 'save' and 'cancel' and both are handled by the form's
submit button respectively a link. The only thing the javascript does is
to split up the form's fields into tabs.

I think it is somethin in the extbase code as I found this:

My newAction and editAction both use identical templates (same formfield
partial, javascript etc.) and they are for creating/editing a person.

Example:

When creating a new person it goes like this:
++ calling newAction --> renderForm
++ filling the form with invalid data and klick submit
++ calling createAction --> validate the submitted person-object
++ calling errorAction --> forward to __referrer(newAction)
++ renderForm --> END

But when editing an existing person this happens:
++ calling editAction --> renderForm
++ filling the form with invalid data and klick submit
++ calling updateAction --> validate the submitted person-object
++ calling errorAction --> forward to __referrer(editAction)
++ renderForm

++ calling errorAction --> return error message (no forward because no
__referrer is given)

I can't see where the different lies. Removing all php code from the
updateAction or createAction doesn't cause any difference. The php-code
in newAction and editAction is equal.

Any suggestions...?

Kind regards, Dirk