[TYPO3-mvc] [RFC] Keeping FLOW3 Compatibility

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Mon Feb 13 13:11:45 CET 2012

Hi Helmut,

> Well, rereading my post I agree that it might sound offensive, but it was not at all meant that way. And I'm sorry if I offended you with what I wrote.

I wasn't offended - I just wanted to illustrate that the "learn or get out" way can be detrimental to a community project. Sarcasm was the wrong tool to use. Sorry about that. But in the end there's no reason to keep kicking this up if you already discussed that at great lenghts. So let's kill that subject ;)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc

I know this video from much earlier - and it's a really great video. We had this flying around the office a while back. Unfortunately the very first item it treats - autonomy - is the biggest area where I think there is much room for improvement when it comes to Extbase.

Mastery, purpose - that's all clear. But autonomy… well, you know.

> Hope I made my point clearer now.

Absolutely. Hope the same goes for my point, regardless of wether people find it valid or not ;)

Cheers,
Claus