[TYPO3-mvc] [RFC] Keeping FLOW3 Compatibility

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Mon Feb 13 11:47:56 CET 2012

Hi Claus,

Claus Due wrote:

> Okay, point taken. I see this playground is for well educated programmers only. I will head over to the playground where the street smart kids play.
>
> This is not a good opinion at all.

Well, rereading my post I agree that it might sound offensive, but it
was not at all meant that way. And I'm sorry if I offended you with what
I wrote.

I only wanted to stress that extbase has quite a good test coverage and
we should not give that up for *any* reason, because it helps to ensure
what drives us: release a great product.

For the contribution part: I must confess that I'm a bit tired hearing
the argument that we expect too much from our contributors. This has
been endlessly discussed when migrating to git and I never got the point
there.

 From my personal experince it was always the case that challenges were
the main source of motivation. Just like it is described here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc

Hope I made my point clearer now.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org