[TYPO3-mvc] [RFC] Make 4.7 run with 4.5 LTS?

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Sun Feb 12 15:22:32 CET 2012

Hey,

On 12.02.2012 11:03, Claus Due wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
>> K, if it's tested, we can merge it. Ok with me ...
>
> I think we should still hear people out, give more time to react. I also need to make some adjustments and do another test pass to make sure quality is top notch. There's no rush :)

If I use master after merging, will I have all the additional caching
framework tables the caching framework normally would care about? So
will the patch force me to create tables in master that are not needed?

Additionally why would I want to use the master version with checks for
"some other version" that in effect slow my master down (even if it is
not much, it is in my eyes unnecessary).

All in all I'm not quite sure what you actually want to achieve. We have
a stable extbase/fluid version in 4.5. We have a backport strategy that
allows us to backport certain features to the LTS version. Why don't we
go that way for features that are deemed that important instead of -
sorry ;) - hacking the master version to be compatible with another
version it was never meant to be used for?

As you might have noticed, I don't really like the strategy or the patch
much...

Cheers,

Susanne