[TYPO3-mvc] session handling

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Fri Feb 10 15:11:51 CET 2012

This is my new favourite newsgroup! :-)

Anyway, I'm currently creating a new extension with both a FE plugin and
BE module.

What is the preferered way to store a state?

Currently I use setAndSaveSessionData and getSessionData to store a
session. But are there smarter ways with Extbase?

if($this->request->hasArgument('personListFilter')) {
     $personListFilter = $this->request->getArgument('personListFilter');
     $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->setAndSaveSessionData('personListFilter',
$personListFilter);
} else {
     $personListFilter =
$GLOBALS['BE_USER']->getSessionData('personListFilter');
     $personListFilter = $personListFilter ? $personListFilter :
'notProcessed';
}

/Stig