[TYPO3-mvc] How to use jQuery in BE Module?

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Thu Feb 9 15:23:35 CET 2012

I'm trying to create a fairly simple ExtBase extension which is
essentially a database list, with a input form in the FE and and admin
list in the BE.

I would like to use jQuery in the backend module to create a nice table
(with dataTables.js) layout.

But how do I include the jQuery libs correctly in the backend?

I use this viewHelper:
<f:be.container
         pageTitle="foo" enableJumpToUrl="true"
         enableClickMenu="false" loadPrototype="false"
loadScriptaculous="false"
         scriptaculousModule="someModule,someOtherModule" loadExtJs="true"
         loadExtJsTheme="false" extJsAdapter="jQuery"
enableExtJsDebug="true"
         addCssFile="{f:uri.resource(path:'styles/backend.css')}"
         addJsFile="{f:uri.resource(path:'scripts/main.js')}">

but that doesn't include the jQuery itself, right? (the main.js is
included correctly)
and then I also need to include the dataTables.js as well.

I've read something about using:
$this->response->addAdditionalHeaderData()
but haven't found out exactly how/where.

Thanks,

/Stig