[TYPO3-mvc] FED SQL Query with sys_language_uid

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Fri Feb 3 14:51:33 CET 2012

On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:38 PM, Helmut Hummel wrote:

> sorry, but reading this I have to rant. Please don't take it personal, but just rethink the approach.

No offence taken, none at all. And we agree - you really don't want to use this and you shouldn't.

The purpose of that ViewHelper and the Fluid Template Display plugin is to be fast training wheels - to be able to quickly learn Fluid (loops, conditions, formatting etc) without having to learn every little bit of how Extbase works and constructing controllers etc. For example to allow designers with just a bit of SQL knowledge to work on smaller templates for some larger, complicated extension. Many of the ViewHelpers in the Data section serve this purpose.

I probably should have made that clear from the start. Use it only while you're still learning to do things the right way: as Extbase controllers/models and Fluid templates inside an extension you create (or as Fluid Content Elements in FED). If you need complicated output you probably should be using a proper Controller or at the very least, a custom ViewHelper.

Cheers,
Claus