[TYPO3-mvc] FED SQL Query with sys_language_uid

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Fri Feb 3 13:20:32 CET 2012

Hi Chivy,

To do this properly (reading the language dynamically) you would need to have either a ViewHelper for that or use a regular Extbase plugin.

Using FED's Template Display plugin you can only set hardcoded values. In your case and relating to my example, you should enter this in the "template variables" field when editing the Template Display plugin:

{"theVariableWithLanguageUid": 1}

The "1" is of course the language UID.

I recommend the ViewHelper approach but unfortunately, there is no ViewHelper in either Fluid or FED which presently can return the UID of the currently selected language. You're always welcome to add a feature request on Forge (your best bet would be in FED since Fluid will change very little, very slowly).

--
Cheers,
Claus