[TYPO3-mvc] How to get arguments from another pluginName controller request

Sebastian Fischer sf at marketing-factory.de
Wed Feb 23 13:48:08 CET 2011

On 23.02.2011 10:43, Kevin Ulrich Moschallski wrote:
> On 2011-02-22 18:34:45 +0100, Marc Bastian Heinrichs said:
>
>> Hey Kevin,
>>
>>> i have two instances of an extension on one page. One is plugin Pi1 and
>>> the other one is plugin Pi2. Now when i submit a form from Pi1 i want
>>> to get $this->arguments from Pi1 in the Pi2 controller.
>>
>> You could try to change the namespace of Pi2
>> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki/Configurable_Plugin_Namespaces
>>

>> But why you want to do this? I don't that this would be an clean concept
>> in extbase.
>>
>> Best
>> Marc Bastian
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> thanks for your reply. I also don't think that changing the plugin
> namespace would be a clean approach.
>
> I use Pi2 to display companies as a list and Pi1 to display articles
> which have relations to companies. I choosed two plugins to have a
> seperation for the user when he inserts the plugin, because Pi1 has
> allready some chooseable display types, means diffrent actions.
>
> If there is no clean way to access the arguments of another pluginName
> i'll move the Pi2 controller with it's actions into Pi1.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

I have another idea to think about:

having 1 plugin with a flexform for switchablecontrolleraction. In this
you are able to group controller and action cobinations.

Put 2 instances of this plugin with different controllers selected. By
this you are able to read the request in both plugins.

Now that both plugins have different controllers selected, they default
to them and are able to display different informations while still be
able to consume parameters from each other side.

Greetings
Sebastian