[TYPO3-mvc] help to n:m relation

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Feb 22 21:00:41 CET 2011

Hi Ismaël,

> BUT I want to save university for a student with intermediate table.
>
> n:m relation
> ————————————
> in tca, type=>'inline', 'foreign_table'=>'tx_student_university',
> 'foreign_field' => 'uid_local'
>
> HOW TO ?

what should be the result of this? Using IRRE like that doens't mean to
use a intermediate (MM) table. By such a configuration you would allow
more than one university for a student and thus your university property
should be a objectStorage - is that intended? If the relation should
still have just one university try setting "maxitems => 1" in your TCA.

Maybe you could explain how it's supposed to work and then I can tell
you which adjustments you have to take.