[TYPO3-mvc] best practice to edit so many files :)

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Thu Feb 17 11:12:35 CET 2011

Hello,

Am 17.02.2011 10:01, schrieb Stefano Cecere:
> yesterday i added two new models to my existing ext
> i could not (didn't want) use extbase_kickstart so i managed manually

Why not?
- put versioning underneath your ext
(git/svn/csv/perforce/mercurial/bazaar/...) and you are 100% sure
nothing can go wrong.
- master branch has (experimental(!!!)"roundtrip" feature and keeps all
your changes

> LOT'S of files to be created and managed!
>
> i guess FLOW3 will have some shell command to create new model
> prototypes, right?
>

> or should i keep extbase_kickstarter on a different isntance, with the
> same ext i'm developing to create new models to copy from into my
> current working ext?

See above, user "roundtrip" feature and version control system. I'd
never trust a kickstarter alone, even with a bug-free roundtrip feature.

Personally I do it with git and a "kickstarter" branch, that's where I
kickstart only... whenever I need to kickstart/edit the model then I
switch into kickstarter branch, save, commit, and merge into "master".

At least that is not as boring as editing ext_tables.sql ext-tables.php
Configuration/TCA/* Resources/Private/Language/* Domain/Model/* by hand. ;)

Greets and hth,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag