[TYPO3-mvc] Display a session-stored flash message on a cached controller action page after a redirect

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jun 25 18:11:17 CEST 2010

On 25.06.2010 17:39, Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer wrote:
> Am 25.06.2010 00:24, schrieb "Christian Müller [kitsunet]":
>> e you could create a fixed (meaning configurable in Plugin with Flexform
>> and not changing by GET/POST) action to just display the messages and
>> set it to be uncached? Just some first thought...
>
> Hello and thanks!
>
> Not sure what you mean?
> Should I create a new, dedicated extension
> which would render the messages?

I think that's what he said -> adding the plugin a second time to the
page and configure it to call a uncached version of your plugin only
displaying the flashMessages. But as I said in my answer - that'll
somewhat slow down rendering as the whole TYPO3 and extbase framework
are initiated for that.

I'd try the hook in TSFE, in detail this hook:
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['tslib/class.tslib_fe.php']['contentPostProc-output']

In this you can replace e.g. a HTML comment with your flashMessages and
clear the flashMessages from the session, as TYPO3 is updating/saving
the session right after that hook.