[TYPO3-mvc] Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_Argument StoragePage

"Christian Müller [kitsunet]" christian at kitsunet.de
Wed Jun 23 11:27:10 CEST 2010

On 22.06.2010 08:30, Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I think as well that this issue needs to be solved.
> There might be two ways to solve this issue I see right now:
>
> 1) Using the repository findByUid method, as suggested.
> I think technically, it would work quite easily. However, semantically,
> by creating a repository for an object, you declare it as so-called
> "Aggregate Root" [1], so it has a semantic meaning that a repository
> exists for a given object.
> In Domain-Driven-Design, if an object is an aggregate root, if it is
> deleted, it deletes all non-aggregate root children as well. However,
> in Extbase this is not automatically done by default, as we always have
> the TYPO3 backend where you can access all objects, not just the
> Aggregate Root objects.
> So, declaring an object as aggregate root (in Extbase) has no (semantic)
> consequences right now, that's why this solution might be possible.

Is this a clear declaration of has repository == "Aggregate Root"? For
ease of development (getting magic methods from default repository) you
could create a repository for child objects of the root but use it only
in the root repository, that way the root repository still is the "gate
keeper" for all objects...