[TYPO3-mvc] Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_Argument StoragePage

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Jun 21 20:41:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

> maybe a not so common problem, but I am creating an extension with
> connection to static_countries. So far so good, I created a domain model
> (which I think we should have in extbase as with fe_users), I created a
> custom findAll method in my repository to to
> setRespectStoragePage(FALSE) as static_countries records have pid 0 (or
> is there a better way).
> Now if I have a country as argument in an action controller it doesn't
> work to transform uid -> object because in findObjectByUid it is not set
> so there is no way to have it as argument. So have an annotation to
> setRespectStoragePage(FALSE) or any other idea?
>
> I can code it, I just first wanted to discuss the need and way to solve it.

I haven't had a look at the code, but I'd say extbase should use a
repository (or maybe even a factory via a @factory annotation etc) to
resolve a object if one is available. If none is available it shall
proceed as it does currently.
Or it should strictly ignore the storagePage, just as it does when
mapping properties.

A annotation only needed for a particular storageBackend is no solution
we should aim for I think.