[TYPO3-mvc] Query object and groupBy?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Jun 21 05:22:49 CEST 2010

Hey there,

is there a special reason why there is no groupBy possible with the
query object? Although it might not make much sense for most usecases in
OO/DDD/XYZ, there are for sure needs for it. As well as a possibility to
build up more complex queries with custom select "fake"-fields (doing
some calculations) etc. I hope we can come up with a nice
solution/concept for that at T3DD10.

Why I wrote that:
1) I'm overslept and went nuts (working for 21 h now)
2) I try to fetch one address object (don't care which ones though) per
country to build a select box of available countries to search
addresses/companies in my current project. And as I'm a lazy guy that
doesn't like to build the query by hand I thought, hey, use the nice
query object that's doing all the magic (unions etc) in the background
quite nicely via the fantastic dot-syntax. But I failed on groupBy :(