[TYPO3-mvc] Issue with creating new objects containing IRRE relations. Relations not stored correctly!

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jun 18 20:46:29 CEST 2010

Hey,

> I'm still struggling with my import script. Although my main object
> already get's imported and updated quite fine, new relations added to
> those object don't get persisted correctly.
>
> I'm using a IRRE relation in some of the properties via 'foreing_field'
> and 'foreign_table'. Altough those related IRRE objects get persisted,
> the related IRRE-fields don't get filled by default. My question is now,
> do I really have to fill those fields by hand before adding my new
> related object as property of my main object, or might this be a bug in
> extbase, or probably more likely a bug in my code?

after a talk to Jochen it turned out that extbase didn't support the
type of relation the way I used it. My property was stored via IRRE
foreign_field and foreign_table_field but had a regular class
annotation. Cause of that extbase thought it would be a 1:1 relation and
stored it according to that schema (stored the UID of the object in my
properties DB-field). After changing my annotation to ObjectStorage and
adding some additional getters/setter to keep my functionality
everything was fine again.

So issue is solved/worked around.

Thanks Jochen.