[TYPO3-mvc] RFC #8318 : New feature: change initial controller and action via FlexForm.

Michael Feinbier mf at hdnet.de
Thu Jun 17 14:09:57 CEST 2010

Hi Nikolas,

Am 17.06.10 13:13, schrieb Nikolas Hagelstein:
> Hi,
>
> I don't get the problem.... Could you provide some more information?
> Is this all about a quicker way to update all tt_content when adding a new
> action?

sorry for the bad description. The approach is, that you do not need a
switchableControllerAction in flexform if you just want to change the
initial controller and action.

Imagine the blog example. On a own, single page you want the new action
of the Blog to be displayed. But the default action is Blog->index
(because it is the first Controller/Action pair defined via
Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::configurePlugin();)

You always have to click a link with
?tx_blogexample[controller]=Blog&tx_blogexample[action]=new
to reach the 'new' action.

With this patch it is possible, to manually define the default
controller and action via Flexform without the
switchableControllerActions statement but an own.

> Don't know if this is relevant, but did you know:
> <numIndex index="1">Blog->index;Blog->new<numIndex>

Yes, I know - but the downside is that you now can switch only between
the new and the index action of the blog controller. No other controller
and action is allowed.
So if you create a new action like Blog->edit you have to add it to the
list Blog->index;Blog->new;Blog->edit and update every(!) tt_content
element using this plugin/flexform.

Hope u understand what I mean :)

Micha