[TYPO3-mvc] ViewHelper Shorthand Syntax

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Thu Jun 17 08:41:14 CEST 2010

Hey Masi,

I'm also very open to suggestions concerning the shorthand syntax :-) Of
course if they will come, I'll ask lots of sceptical questions, as I
have thought through lots of cases with it while we changed it ;-)

Actually, in its first incarnation, it did not have named parameters for
example. However, that syntax back then did not support the chaining on
ViewHelpers, which was a major drawback.

So, I am generally open to suggestions, however, I think they should be
of "incremental nature" (i.e. change little details in the syntax, like
providing a first un-named parameter -- in case it can be done with an
understandable semantics), instead of re-building it completely, as I
think it has many nice points.

Greets,
Sebastian