[TYPO3-mvc] Import Script Problems

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jun 16 19:24:14 CEST 2010

Hi Nicolas,

>> how did you solve it in the end? I'm currently also in need of a import
>> script and I'm not sure if I should do it the "Extbase way" using
>> objects and a lot of SQL overhead or just good old PHP/SQL.
>
> I got a project that makes heavy use of external data(csv files/
> webservices) that needs to be imported/update regulary.
> Currently I  am doing the extbase way, and it works quite well - around 20k
> relations in a few seconds. If performance is really an issue, there is
> nothing against a high speed plain SQL importer..
>
> For a single initial import I would go for plain sql but for regular imports
> the extbase way seems way more maintainable to me.

Thanks for your input. Can you tell me how take care of updating objects
properly and especially how you create new objects? Do you simply create
a new instance and fill it with the according setters, or do you use
dataMapper->map for this? I fear mapping might not work as I don't have
a UID yet - so I suppose I have to do it by calling the setters? Same I
think for updating.

Reason why I'm asking is, that I intended to make the CSV files mappable
to the object properties and thus would have to dynamically build the
setter-names (which is of course not a problem, but a bit more work).