[TYPO3-mvc] opposite to initializeAction

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Jun 15 20:16:00 CEST 2010

Sebastian Kurfürst schrieb:

>> I worked with CakePHP a lot. This PHP-Framework is simular to FLOW3 because
>> it is also based on Ruby. And in CakePHP there were such nice methods.
>
> Ehrm, FLOW3 is *not* at all based on Ruby / Rails ;-) Of course, some of
> us know rails as well and some ideas come from them, but I'd say that
> Rails and FLOW3 are conceptually quite fundamentally different:
> Rails uses ActiveRecord for Persistence, while FLOW3 uses the "Domain
> Object" pattern. Additionally, FLOW3/Extbase uses a concept called "Unit
> of Work" for updating records in the DB, while there are "save"-methods
> on the objects in Rails, for example.
> Also, Rails has no support whatsoever for the concepts of Domain-Driven
> Design (example: Entities and Value Objects), while Extbase/FLOW3 is
> built around them.

There used to be a comparison chart on flow3.typo3.org that compares FLOW3 to some frameworks. I
didn't find it today. Anyway, the chart was IMHO too much about certain technical features. What is
much more interesting is a comparison in a way that you did now.

Masi

PS: I'm wondering if it is possible (and makes sense) to use a different persistence method with
FLOW3/Extbase then the domain object repository. The repository is great, but I'm not sure if it is
the best solution for *all* problems.