[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase resource management/handling

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:04:47 CEST 2010

Hello folks,

FLOW3 got a new shiny resource management or handling and I was
wondering if this is going to be backported?

In general, what I need, is, when returning images/files from
the database, I'd like to get 'resource objects' instead of just
a string holding the filename e.g. 'image.jpg'.

Would be cooler to have a "file" object and use it like
$file->getBasename(), $file->getFilename(), $file->getSize() etc.

Is there something planned?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas