[TYPO3-mvc] opposite to initializeAction

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:50:52 CEST 2010

> Is there a action which is called AFTER the main action method and BEFORE
> rendering the view?
>
> So for example:
>
> ->  initializeAction
> ->  initialize[my]Action
> ->  [my]Action
> ->  postProcessingAction
>
> And is there a method like beforeSave?
>
> I worked with CakePHP a lot. This PHP-Framework is simular to FLOW3 because
> it is also based on Ruby. And in CakePHP there were such nice methods.
>
> And if there are these kind of methods in extbase, where can I find them?

Hello,

I think there are no such functions yet, but you could extend the action
controller of Extbase and call your own method. Rather calling it
'postProcess', I'd go for 'tearDownAction' or 'finalizeAction'.

I think there's no direct opposite of 'initialize' but tear down and
finalize (final = "end") suit best imho.

Thomas