[TYPO3-mvc] fluid <f:if > with a regular expression

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 22:12:11 CEST 2010

Am 13.06.2010 21:47, schrieb Martin Kutschker:
> Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer schrieb:
>>
>> Is it possible to discuss new/improving viewhelpers in general
>> somewhere? Maybe setting up a list in the wiki or sth would help?!
>
> I'm fine with discussing it here on the list. But a wiki page is nice to have an overview of
> requested features.
>
> Masi

K - so just to write down, what's in mind,
I'm going to start this here. Just some of
thoughts based on my experience with Fluid:

* Link to a _resized_ image
   I think this is not possible for the moment.
   Either you display a (resized) image or you
   link to the original image (fullsize). So I think
   it would be nice to have a viewhelper for linking
   to an image, providing width/height settings.

* Cycle through an array _once_
   At present the cycle viewhelper starts at the beginning
   again, if the end is reached. Imho there should
   be a seperate attribute/parameter for disabling this
   behaviour, telling the viewhelper to stop if the
   end of the array is reached. This can be helpful for
   displaying specific data besides other data. (E.g. looping
   through images and displaying captions of the images.

* If viewhelper with AND and OR
   Guess it. ;o) Would be cool to have this - combined with
   the ability to specify better conditions like regular
   expressions or even simple mathematical calculations etc.

* File (?) viewhelpers
   I once made a small collection for file viewhelpers, which
   would return basedir, file-extension, filesize, file_exists,
   etc. of a given file. If there is interest I can post it here.

So I'm wondering if there's a need for viewhelpers covering
the basic PHP functions like 'array', 'string', 'math', etc.?

Regards,
Thomas