[TYPO3-mvc] initializeObject() pointless?

roberto blanko robertoblanko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 19:03:28 CEST 2010

Damn, not good. Thanks for you answer anyway.

What I need to do: Right after the object was mapped with its properties
from the DB I need to manipulate the attributes before the object (e.g.
using a getter call) is accessed for the first time.

I haven't actually found a usable workaround yet. What I'm doing right now
is calling my initialize-method manually before I'm accessing the
attributes. Which isn't very nice especially through Fluid, since I need a
special ViewHelper to call the method. Calling the method manually in the
controller is not an option (architectural reasons).