[TYPO3-mvc] How to use layouts and sections

Henjo Hoeksma hphoeksma at stylence.nl
Thu Jun 10 17:11:45 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-10 17:02:02 +0200, Dmitri Pisarev said:

> Hi Henjo!
> On 10.06.2010 18:07, Henjo Hoeksma wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I am wondering how I can use layouts and sections... I understand how to
>> use different viewHelpers etc.
>> I can extract from the code in Fluid that default the layout 'default'
>> is used.
>>
>> How can I specify other layouts? How to call them?
> Sorry for being boring, but a good old docs link is never a bad idea
> http://flow3.typo3.org/documentation/manuals/fluid/fluid.usermanual/#fluid.usermanual.layouts

If

>> I understand correctly, the layout determines what section to render.
>>
>> My default layout is inserted around my plugin. But how can - for
>> example - use 2 different layouts for the same plugin (if possible)
> That's a good question. I don't know either.
>> how to specify the layout which a plugin should use?
> <f:layout name="example.html" />
>>
>> I am kinda lost here, so I appreciate your help ;-)
> Sorry, I'm a newbie at extbase, so let's way for the others to jump in.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Henjo
>>
>> PS I do think ExtBase and Fluid rock!
> Do doubt;) I'm getting more and more convince with it.
>
> Cheers,
> Dmitri.

Hi Dmitri,

thanks, so far I had come myself... concluding I must have not asked my
questions clear enough :-)

Anyways: Rens gave me a hint....

$this->view->setLayoutPathAndFilename(t3lib_extMgm::extPath('extensionKey')
. 'Resources/Private/Layouts/alternate.html');

With this I can write a switch in TS / my controller to determine the
one I need. (The pi's are inserted using TS.)

More info or basic understanding is still welcome ;-)

ciao,
Henjo