[TYPO3-mvc] non-db based value objects and embedded values - how to?

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu Jun 10 10:25:30 CEST 2010

Hi Masi.

On 2010-06-10, Martin Kutschker <masi-no at spam-typo3.org> wrote:
>>> Or how to extend the data mapper? As I perceive it the data mapper is currently limited to scalars
>>> and object relations. Even value objects are treated as relations in as much as Extbase supports
>>> AFAIK only value objects which values are based on a DB table.
>>
>> Do I miss the obvious and what I am asking for is already there? Or do I want something that you
>> don't think is necessary?
>
> Jochen, Sebastian, could you please tell me if I am wrong? If I'm not please direct me if I should
> simply file a bug or if I have pick up my pattern books and look for a solution that fits into Extbase.

Sorry for being absent the last couple of days. We had to prepare our move to Amherst (Mass.).

FLOW3 has the concept of custom factories that fits your needs imo.

http://flow3.typo3.org/documentation/manuals/flow3/flow3.objectframework/#id37778491

It would be nice to have this handy feature in Extbase 1.3.0. could you please open a feature request for this. ATM the place to implement this feature is the DataMapper::createEmptyObject() method.

Regards
Jochen