[TYPO3-mvc] How accessing global ValueObjects?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Jun 7 18:11:16 CEST 2010

Hey,

>> Hey Xavier, I was struggling with this too. See my sorting problems etc.
>> Looks like if extbase would allow to use custom repositories for
>> properties, it would make a life a lot easier. Why it doesn't?
>
> Exactly. I guess this is a matter of speed. But I guess if:
>
> 1) the information whether there exists a custom repository is cached
> 2) a TS setting allows this to be activated on a class domain model level
>
> This would be perfect for the user.

Masi suggested in a different topic [1] to add a feature that enables
the usage of a) custom non-persited objects for properties and b) allows
own object factories to fill properties. A custom object factory could
in your case fetch the items from outside the storagePid. So maybe
that's a idea/solution for your problem?
The only difficulty with this I see in persistence. The factory then
also has to take care of persisting a changed property - and that could
get tricky I think.

[1] non-db based value objects and embedded values - how to?