[TYPO3-mvc] How is "setRespectStoragePage" supposed to work?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Jun 3 19:14:42 CEST 2010

Hey there,

in my repository I try the following:
$query = $this->createQuery();
$query->getQuerySettings()->setRespectStoragePage(FALSE);

return $query->matching(
		$query->equals('parent_id',$uids)
	)
	->setOrderings(array('sorting',
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_QueryInterface::ORDER_DESCENDING))
	->execute();

 From my understandings this should be correct - however extbase is
still insisting on the storagePid and is only fetching records if I set
it to a certain value.

I also tried to reinject the modified querySettings to the query:
$query->setQuerySettings($modifiedQuerySettings);

But this also didn't work.

What am I doing wrong? Strange thing is, that I don't even get a error
message if I use a not existing method name along with the query object.
Something weird is going on here. Help is welcome.