[TYPO3-mvc] RFC: #7743: fluid should crop HTML right

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Jun 1 17:21:01 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-01, Felix Oertel <mehl at foertel.com> wrote:
> hey,
>
> Am 28.05.10 20:17, schrieb Martin Kutschker:
>> For me a "type" of "format" attribute would make more sense. Possible values are "text" and "html".
>
> after talking to sebastian and jochen again, we decided to not introduce
> a new attribute by now. normally cropHTML should handle HTML and
> non-HTML, but that's not the case at the moment. i filed a TYPO3 core
> bug for that [1]

I am getting more and more forgetful. I do not remember that we talked about this topic ;-)

And I was not able to reproduce the behavior described in [1].

debug($this->cObj->cropHTML('foo bar baz','5'));

resulted in

|foo b|

as expected. Could you please give me a hint?

> as soon as that is fixed, we will use cropHTML() for both HTML and text
> ... untill then, the magic HTML/text-detection will do the job.

There were some arguments against some magic and some -1 we can not simply ignore. I suggest to revert the changes until the situation with [1] is clear and we have +1s.

Regards
Jochen