[TYPO3-mvc] ordering from TCA

Felix Oertel mehl at foertel.com
Tue Jun 1 09:30:26 CEST 2010

Hey,

Am 31.05.10 18:31, schrieb Dmitri Pisarev:
> Hey Foertel, I also really would appreciate some more convenient way of sorting.

I think some time will pass, untill that happens. ;-) I didn't talk to
Xavier yet (about who is sorting handled in dbal - shame on me) but I
think we try wo introduce a new (additional) sorting-field to TCA. I
allready talked to two core-devs which are totally with us on that. I
dream of something like

orderby => array('begindate' => 'desc', 'enddate' => 'desc', 'name' =>
'asc');

to avoid this bad string-SQL

But as we all know, changes to TCA are not all that easy, even if they
are additional and backwards compatible ;-)

We will see ...

regards, foertel