[TYPO3-mvc] !!! FYI: Committed big refactoring of Fluid; v4 and v5 are now in sync again

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Jul 29 16:29:18 CEST 2010

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

> Generally, I think Fluid is already "quite stand-alone", so I'd guess it
> would take me about a day to set it up in a standalone project.

It would be great to have a completely decoupled Fluid that only needs
the backporter to transform FLOW3 code into PHP 5.2 compatible code.
But I'm not sure if we can achieve this in a good way.

There are quite a lot of Extbase dependencies in the current Fluid core
(Reflection, ObjectManager, ControllerContext, ObjectStorage).
How would you suggest to decouple them?
E.g. would you suggest to have
Tx_Fluid_Reflection_ObjectAccess::getPropertyPath()
that internally calls
Tx_Extbase_Reflection_ObjectAccess::getPropertyPath()

And the Symfony implementation would replace this wrapper with a
concrete implementation? Do we win anything by this?

> But of course after that the real work starts, ViewHelpers have to be
> written, etc etc.

...and the implementations have to be maintained and to be kept in sync!
Anyways, decoupling would be the first step - but how?

Bastian