[TYPO3-mvc] f:format.date timezone "problem"?

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Thu Jul 29 15:05:37 CEST 2010

Hey,

> After thinking of it - I guess the best way would be to evaluate @var
> DateTime on a domain objects property and inject a DateTime object if it
> is wanted by the programmer. This way you can also have access to the
> bare timestamp if you use @var integer. I guess this would be the most
> convenient way to do it. But *I* don't know how to do this in extbase.
This is already what happens. If you look at
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/extbase/trunk/Classes/Persistence/Mapper/DataMapper.php
- there are two methods which do the heavy lifting:

1) thawProperties() -- goes through the list of properties of an object,
and depending on the type, converts the property.
2) for DateTime or subclasses of it, mapDateTime() is called -- I guess
that is where your nice functionality could be integrated.

If you are interested, then it'd be great if you could try out creating
a patch, or if not, that's not a problem either :-) The feature will
just then take a little longer.

Greets,
Sebastian