[TYPO3-mvc] RFC #9062: prepare objectManager to become the central factory

Felix Oertel mehl at foertel.com
Wed Jul 28 14:52:45 CEST 2010

Hey Bastian,

thanks for taking a look and giving feedback.

Am 28.07.10 09:46, schrieb Bastian Waidelich:
> I'm not convinced by the static solution.

Me neither ;-) Afte sleeping over this, it does not feel that good
anyway. It would be real pain in the *ss to dynamicly replace the
objectManager later.

>  So for now, I'd vote with -1 (sorry).

No need to appologize. ;-) It's more important to keep an eye on the
archtiecture then to cuddle people for their effort. ;-) After all it's
educational for me ...

> In order to avoid this and to get in sync with FLOW3, I'd suggest following solution:
> Before the ObjectManager returns an object it calls the "injectObjectManager()" method on it (if it exists).

That's a good idea. This was my main problem (yesterday): to provide the
objectManager everywhere without DI.

> What do you think about this solution?

Yep, I'm with you. I will try to provide a patch later this evening.

> BTW: Tx_Extbase_Object_Manager should be renamed to
> Tx_Extbase_Object_ObjectManager

check

> Greetings from Cologne,

regards from rainy Kiel, foertel