[TYPO3-mvc] The value must be of type "Extension_model_name", but was of type "NULL".

Daniel Dimitrov danielsd_bg at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 27 15:49:33 CEST 2010

Hey Franz,

"Franz Koch" <typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1280231892.27132.typo3-project-typo3v4mvc at lists.typo3.org...
> Hey Daniel,
>
>> Now that my extension is showing the products in frontend it is time to
>> make some forms and save data into the database :)
>> I'm following the blog example, but something strange happens.
>> Any ideas what could be wrong with this?
>
> have you checked the spelling of the properties in your form template? If
> there is a misspelling the object isn't build and you run into that error.

This is my form:
<f:form method="post" controller="Product" action="create" name="newProduct"
object="{newProduct}">
<f:form.textbox property="title" />
<f:form.submit class="submit" value="Submit"/>
</f:form>

it has just a single property title and my model has a protected $title
property + 100 other properties. Should my form have all the properties of
the model or what?

> --
> kind regards,
> Franz Koch