[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid - $this-view->renderSection() does not work inside a controller.

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 26 16:39:41 CEST 2010

Hi list,

with the current fluid trunk it seems as if it is not possible to call
renderSection() inside a controller (i guess with renderPartial() there
will be the same problem).

my action looks like this:

/**
	 * Shows a Document.
	 *
	 * @param Tx_FhhQmdocs_Domain_Model_Document $document
	 * @param boolean $withLayout
	 * @return string
	 * @dontverifyrequesthash
	 */
	public function showAction(Tx_FhhQmdocs_Domain_Model_Document
$document, $withLayout = TRUE) {
		$this->view->assign('document',$document);
		if (!$withLayout) {
			return $this->view->renderSection('content',array('document' =>
$document));

I use this action once from a fluid based BE-Module and inside my ExtJS
based module (to show HTML previews) - therefore i want the output with
and without the layout.

Currently renderSection() does no longer work, because the first line

$parsedTemplate = $this->getCurrentParsedTemplate();

resolves NULL.

Before the sync with FLOW3 in r2409 it works. :)
Do you expect developers to solve the described request in another way?

Any hints welcome.

regards
Dennis