[TYPO3-mvc] forward() / dispatching on multiple plugins with one controller

Michael Feinbier mf at hdnet.de
Thu Jul 15 15:29:16 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is a bug or if I am a blockhead.
I have a single Controller with 4 actions in it. 2 Actions are
Configured in pi1, the 2 other actions in pi2. This works quite well.
Both plugins are placed on the same site (in different cols)

The pi2 now contains a form in which a model is bound via <f:form object=""
After submitting the validation fails and wants to redirect to the
referrer (this is the default errorAction() behaviour). The _referrer is
saved correctly but it throws the exception

#1217839467: Could not ultimately dispatch the request after 101
iterations.

I suggest this is because the same controller is accessible in 2
plugins. But the action is only defined in one plugin.
So the dispatcher should be able to determine the correct plugin by the
combination of controller&action which is unique.

Hope you understand, what I mean.

Thanks for any ideas

Micha