[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid ViewHelper Incubator

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 23:00:59 CEST 2010

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Am 12.07.2010 21:26, schrieb Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer:
>> Bastian Waidelich wrote:
>>> currently there is only one VH though.
>> I've added another one - that's a tough one, first version can be used,
>> but I think there will be a lot of use cases for which it needs to be expanded/refactored.
>
> I miss a numberSeparator (eg "/") for a format like +43 321 / 123 456 789-99 :)
>
> Tipp:
>
> if ($segmentLength>  0) {
>    $telephoneNumber = chunk_split($telephoneNumber, $segmentLength, $segmentSeparator);
> }
>
> Masi

Hello Masi,

thank you for your feedback!

About the number separator:
I'm not sure if it is a "official" part
of a more or less standard-formatted telephone number.

Have a look here: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rufnummer

(So, I'm aware of the "/" in telephone number formatting,
we use it as well, but not as often as just the space " ".
I haven't found any useful source about "/" in phone numbers yet.)

What's also still missing is some kind of areaCodeWrapper,
do you have an idea how to provide it as a method argument?
(areaCodeWrapper = '(|)' seems awkward, I don't like the
pipe symbol there. Furthermore it looks like nasty ASCII Art. xD)

Not sure about all those telephone number formatting stuff,
it seems quite complex and the question is how we/it should
be implemented or realized with all possible combinations.

About the chunk_split:
In this case I can't use it, because I want to split the
telephone number in segments, but beginning from the back!
That's why I implemented a bit more complex code for that.

Have a look here: http://www.typolexikon.de/z/zahlengliederung.html#telefon

All in all it's quite complex imo, so I guess we will
have to discuss about different implementations.

But please keep the comments going, I appreciate it!

Thanks a lot,
Thomas