[TYPO3-mvc] repository->add => persistenceManager->persistAll => repository->findBy

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Jul 12 14:33:00 CEST 2010

Hey,

> It was me that made that post about performance. Well everything was
> running fine
> on our test server, but I think that if you don't need a property, then
> your object should
> not have it.
Well, first I'd suggest that you use the "full" objects. In case it
turns out to be a performance bottleneck, you can optimise this part later.

> What do you call a service in the context of extbase? Helper class or what?
> A small question rises in my head here: the model in extbase should only
> get and set Data and do nothing else?

A small read about services:
http://www.lostechies.com/blogs/jimmy_bogard/archive/2008/08/21/services-in-domain-driven-design.aspx

Additionally, the Domain Model should *definitely* contain rich domain
logic, not just getters and setters.

In general, I can warmly recommend the book
http://domaindrivendesign.org/books#DDD :-)

Greets,
Sebastian