[TYPO3-mvc] RFC #8718: throw exception if a class to be reflected does not exist

Felix Oertel mehl at foertel.com
Fri Jul 9 00:07:41 CEST 2010

Am 08.07.10 20:53, schrieb Bastian Waidelich:
> To be more specific: in this particular case I would rather catch the returned NULL in the DataMapper I guess..

hey,

just for me to get your point: why should the reflectionService return
NULL if you try to reflect a class which does not exist? in my eyes an
exception would perfectly do the job to tell something goes wrong ...

if it's just about the sync: this will not bring us into sync anyway.
;-) in FLOW3 it's plural buildClassSchemata(array $classes) in extbase
singular buildClassSchema(string $className). in FLOW3
buildClassSchemata() does not return anything (neither on success nor on
failure) ... the class reflection works different over there.

regards, foerel