[TYPO3-mvc] error: Could not determine the child object type

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jul 7 12:32:57 CEST 2010

While the actual error was on your side, Extbase wasn't really helpful IMHO.

The "Could not determine the child object type" talks about a "child object", but why? Not every
member variable (property) is a reference to an object and not every reference is one to a an entity
that may be described as "child" object.

But how to file this on forge, so it can be changed?

A class evaluation tool would be helpful. With GUI and without (an Extbase lint *) to check if the
annotation is present and makes sense.

Masi

* Would also be helpful for FLOW3, I assume.