[TYPO3-mvc] walk flexform recursive

Felix Oertel mehl at foertel.com
Wed Jul 7 01:29:50 CEST 2010

hey guys,

i just experienced a problem with flexforms today and found this bug
ticket [1] which discribes the problem pretty good.

at the moment extbase can not handle repeating sections in flexforms. i
wrote a patch which makes extbase run through the entire flexform
recursively. for me this works with normal values as well as with
repeating sections ...

see the flexform [2] for a good example to use this.

the "el"-layer will be left out because it just indicates the elements
and we don't need this in an array for logical reasons. the
_arrayContainer will be skipped for the same reason.

just use the patch with the attached flexform and debug $this->settings
in your Controller ... you will see

i don't use fancy flexform stuff this often so i really need your help
to have a look at the code and test this stuff thoroughly. this was
written in an hour or one and a half so chance is that there are some
logical mistakes in it ;-)

please be so kind and give some feedback so we can get this thing to
work ...

regards, foertel

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/6067
[2] http://cxg.de/_2d699d.htm