[Typo3-shop] Developers... please work together

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Thu Sep 1 10:55:25 CEST 2005

Looking at the new and updated items/versions in TER for the past
several weeks, I can see an increasing amount of different shop
extensions. Searching the TER for the term "shop" results in 11
different shop extensions, some which have been created only a short
time ago. This is getting ridiculous. Can't the developers put their
efforts together to create ONE fully-featured shop instead of a dozen
shop extensions that differ only by a few features? Why does the wheel
have to be re-invented so many times? We already had this extension hell
with tt_news a long time ago, until rupi took over development. Some
months ago Franz made a great effort to unite many calendars in
tt_products; and from what I can tell, he is more than happy to
integrate new code into tt_products. The new "commerce" extension is
ready to get started.

Please - think about it: a team of five people pulling the same string
is much more powerful than five lone fighters that each have to fight
their own wars.

Regards,
Ro