[TYPO3-templavoila] How do I use the output from a php file in a TemplaVoila FCE?

Henrik Bøgelund henrik at bogelund.eu
Thu Jun 11 23:20:18 CEST 2015

I am trying to use the output from a php file in a TemplaVoila FCE.
According to the articles, etc, I have found on the subject, I seem to
be doing it right. But it does not work.

I have reduced my implementation to a very simple test, and I hope that
someone here can tell me what I am doing wrong.

The php code is in fileadmin/php/test.php

The file contains this code:

/*|<?php
function  getBeechgroveTest($content,  $conf)
{
   return  'B';
}
//echo getBeechgroveTest(0,0);
?>|*/

/**/

In the main template (template module - not TemplaVoila) I have added
this line:

/*|includeLibs.beechgroveTest=  fileadmin/php/test.php|*/

/**/

I have tried to put it at the root level and inside a PAGE object. Both
gave the same result.

If I uncomment the 'echo' line I get a 'B' at the top of my HTML page,
so the php must be read at some point.

My FCE has one field of type 'None (TypoScript only)' and contains this
code:

/*|10  =  TEXT
10  {
   value=  A
}

20  =  USER
20  {
   userFunc=  getBeechgroveTest
}

30  =  TEXT
30  {
   value=  C
}|*/

/**/

I was expecting the FCE to output 'ABC', but I only get 'AC'.

What am I doing wrong?

I use TYPO3 version 4.5.30 and TemplVoila 1.8.0

Best regards
Henrik Bøgelund